*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Saturday, August 20, 2011

Update, Update, Update!!!

Jacob had his very last chemo yesterday. He also had another blood transfusion, as his hemoglobin was down to 7.3. But from here on out I hope to watch his little body get stronger and stronger every day. He should be able to stop the G-CSF shots soon. His hair will be starting to grow back, along with his eyebrows and eyelashes. His color should be returning. I can't wait to see that healthy boy emerge once again!

Next Friday (the 26th) Jacob has an ECHO and CT scan. If all looks good (please pray for that!) than he will meet with the surgeons about getting his port out. Then he will have check-ups every three months for the first two years.


We just found out on Thursday that Jacob's wish has been granted through Make-A-Wish, which means we will be heading to Disney World in October! The kids have never been on an airplane or on a week long vacation, or anywhere near as fun as Disney so I am looking forward to them just being able to enjoy life and be kids again - all together after a nine month roller coaster ride.


This is where we are at now. It feels good.

6 comments:

  1. I'm SO excited for your family! Yay Disney!! :) If anyone deserves a break & some R&R its your family & Jacob!! Praying all goes well with at his next appt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will pray for Jacobs continued good health I hope you guys have a wonderful trip to Disney you all certainly deserve a good time! I hope everything looks great for his port removal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for Disney! That is going to be a well deserved vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO thankful for all this good news and so happy for all of you! :)
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you! A wish comes true for Jacob and you - i will keep y'all in my prayers for good news next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been reading your blog since before your little boy was diagnosed. I'm not sure that I've ever left a comment before, but I've been praying for your family. Such wonderful news all the way around! Very happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails