*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Monday, August 15, 2011

How To Use Up That Garden Produce...

We have been eating a lot of tacos, BLT's, cucumber salads, and plain tomato sandwiches in order to make the most of the bounty from our garden. August is such a hot month (except for this past week which has been in the 70's and perfect) that the perfect food is something fresh and light.

I wanted to change it up and bit so came up with a healthy pizza using the odds and ends of produce that we had around the place. I started with some flatbread and added a handful of spinach leaves. I then sprinkled that with chopped onions and peppers. Next went the slices of tomato which was then sprinkled with chucks of fresh mozzarella cheese.
I baked this in a 450 degree oven for about 10 minutes. The smell while cooking was divine and my mouth watered as I pulled it out of the oven.
This will become a new summertime staple in our house! I may have to try it on the grill next time.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails