*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Thursday, August 4, 2011

Lost & Found

I found my card reader, so I am now able to post pictures! Actually, Jacob is the one who found it...somehow it had wandered into the electric pencil sharpener shavings case, probably with the help of someone named Joe. Literally, one of the last places I would have looked.

Last week I remarked to my husband that I couldn't find the card reader anywhere. Several days in a row I asked him if he had seen it. He put up with the questions for awhile and then finally asked "Why don't you just buy a new one?!" After all, these cards are just around $8. I knew, just knew, that the minute I bought one I would find my old one. The funniest part? I was getting sick and tired of not being able to post pictures here and was just about to run to Walmart to pick a new one up when Jacob unearthed it! Not a moment too soon, might I add!


That's the problem with not being organized - it often costs you in the end - and it can get pretty expensive. Having a place for everything and putting them in place is the easiest way to take care of your items and keep them in good shape, along with knowing where they are. It is also easier said than done with lots of little people in a house that like to pick items up and disappear with them. While I typically keep my card reader in my desk I was careless one day after working on the computer and set the reader down somewhere not typical, where little hands must have found it. Pens are another item in this house that typically have their place either on my desk or in a cup in the kitchen but they disappear quicker than a plate of cookies at a weight loss meeting. I have no idea where they go to! This week I have also been searching for the dog's brush, and just know that I will find it the minute I buy a new one (and believe me, the hair is melting off this dog faster than ice cream in this heat...I need that brush!). Edited to add: I just found the dog brush! It was behind the shoe organizer in the laundry room...again, one of the last places I would have thought to look!


With the new found memory card reader, I just had to share this picture of Jacob:

He cooked supper for all of us the other night! English muffin pizzas. It was another pantry meal (English muffins from the freezer, leftover spaghetti sauce turned pizza sauce with the addition of some spices, and cheese). He worked in the kitchen for a good 10 minutes, spreading sauce and sprinkling cheese. He made a few pizzas special designed with cheese in the shape of a face. I loved not having to cook and I swear that the pizzas were some of the best I have ever eaten! I think we have a budding chef on our hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails