*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Friday, August 26, 2011

Happy Day

We had a long day of tests, doctor appointments, and lots of waiting. Grandma and Grandpa watched Joe and Becca so Ben was able to go along with Jacob and I; moral support is HUGE when waiting for test results.

The test results show a clear scan!!! Praise the Lord - Jacob has reached the end of his treatment with scans coming back clean. We are thrilled!!!!! We spoke with a surgeon and he will be getting his port out within the next couple weeks.

I'll be honest, while it's the end of the treatment, it's not the end of the worry. Jacob will have scans every three months for the first two years and then every six months up to the five year mark. Thinking positive is the only way to go though and Jacob is so strong that I just know he beat this cancer. Cancer should fear us!

God has been so good to use throughout this trial and truly has shown us that when we aren't able to walk He will carry us. Our faith has strengthened because of this ordeal and while I can say that cancer is a curse, within it can be found blessings. No matter what, always look for the blessings which God bestows upon you! This is a happy day!

15 comments:

  1. Praise God! Have been praying for your sweet boy & your family these past months and will continue to do so. Our God is MIGHTY TO SAVE, and I will continue believing his Word for continued healing for Jacob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord!!!!! I am so incredibly happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! I'm so relieved to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very happy to hear the scans were clear! Now time for that vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Dancing! Yeah Jacob! I agree with the other commenter time for a major family vacation! No one deserves it more than you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God! What wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank God!! :) I'm so thrilled for Jacob & your family!! He's a strong little guy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This gave me goosebumps! I don't have strong enough words to tell you just how happy I am for ALL of you! I admire the strength you have all displayed. I wish only the continued best for all of you! Love ya! jacki

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are so happy for you. My nine year old daughter is excited as she has made it her mission to pray for Jacob every night since December. Praise be God!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very happy to hear this wonderful news!! I cried tears of pure joy and happiness upon reading those words. Jacob is the strongest kid I know whose courage and strength are without limit. He's superman!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praise God! So, so happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have followed you and your family throughout this journey. So happy for the clear scan.
    Blessings
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails