*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Salmon Patties

My camera seems to have kicked the bucket. The screen still shows an image but the camera just won't take a photo! I'll be messing with it later to see if it is time to really just give up on it but for now I'm back to my very basic, very old digital camera.

Yesterday I mentioned salmon patties. This is another of my mother-in-law's recipes and we are fans of this healthy and inexpensive meal! Salmon patties, sweet corn, and tomato slices are a perfect summer time supper.

My patties always seem to fall apart but instead of complaining I go with the flow and realize that they are just easier to serve to the kids that way...no cutting required by me! We always eat these plain but I imagine that they would be good on a bun and served similar to a hamburger.

1 can salmon, liquid drained (I pick through the can and discard the skin and bones. I know, I know...they are edible and have health benefits but they aren't appetizing to me or anyone else I know!)

1 slice of bread, torn into small pieces

1 egg

1 small onion, diced

Mix everything together. If too wet, add a pinch of flour to hold things together. Heat 1 T. butter in skillet (my trusty iron skillet is perfect!). Form into patties and place in skillet. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top. Fry in butter until bottom is brown and crispy. Flip, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and fry until other side is brown and crispy as well. Serve and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't been here in awhile so thought I'd pop in! Those look yummy! We love salmon patties but haven't had them in a long time. Maybe this week???

    ReplyDelete
  2. the next time you make salmon patties, try crumbled crackers or breadcrumbs instead of the pieces of bread. my late MIL made them that way they stick together well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have breadcrumbs on hand...will totally try that the next time! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails