*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Thursday, July 22, 2010

Easy Peasy Snack

Sometimes I just want a crunchy snack. My go-to snacks for those times used to be chips or crackers. I am trying to find other snacks that meet my need that are also healthy and I have recently found a new favorite! Crunchy Chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans).


They remind me somewhat of corn nuts but these are actually healthy for you...and oh so easy to make!

You can start with dried chickpeas and soak and cook them but so far all I have been doing is buying the cans of them. Drain the liquid out, toss in a bowl with 2 T. of olive oil, put in single later on a baking sheet, and sprinkle with whatever spices you wish. I especially enjoy just salt and garlic powder, or chili powder. There are a million different combinations that you can try. I bet you could even make a sweet tasting one with a little brown sugar or cinnamon, though I'm not quite sure how that would taste. Bake at 350 degrees for an 45 minutes to an hour or until crunchy enough for your tastes.

1 comment:

  1. I love these. Haven't made them in a while, so thanks for the rmeinder

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails