*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Sunday, July 4, 2010

Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake

Our local grocery store has the large containers of blueberries on sale this week for 99 cents. The kids love them in yogurt or just plain but I'm not too fond of blueberries, that is, unless they are cooked into something. I searched a few recipes and thought that a coffee cake sounded good for breakfast. It turned out delicious; light and fluffy with a good amount of blueberry taste.

Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake
1/2 c butter or margarine, softened
1 3/4 c sugar
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla extract
3 1/2 c all-purpose flour
2 T baking powder
1 t. salt
1 1/2 c milk
3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
Streusel Topping:
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 t. ground cinnamon
1/3 c. cold butter or margarine
In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries. Pour into greased 13x9x2 baking pan.
For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.


May you all have a happy and safe 4th of July!

3 comments:

  1. Great recipe. I bought a lot of blueberries on sale this week and froze them. I'll pull some out of the freezer for this recipe.

    I love blueberries. I grew up in Western New York and we use to go to a blueberry farm and pick our own.

    Have a wonderful 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just picked a ton of blueberries at a local blueberry farm. I was so excited to see you posted this recipe because I was actually going to get online to look for one. I just pulled it out of the oven and it smells wonderful! Only problem is I had to bake it longer - when I checked it at 35 minutes the middle was jiggling. LOL So I put it in for another 13 minutes and it's very brown and hopefully done all the way. My kids can't wait to dig into it! YUM!
    Thanks for posting this recipe!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try this today! Looks like a great recipe. I think it will make the perfect "on the go" breakfast for my husband as he heads out to work! :)
    --Dee

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails