*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Saturday, June 15, 2013

Yummy!

I wanted to post one of my go-to summer recipe. The picture doesn't do it justice; they may not be pretty but they are yummy! It is a variation of a BLT and my kids love these.

Bacon Tomato melts
Toast bagels (I use whole wheat bagels)
Fry up some bacon
Slice tomatoes
Assemble these on a baking sheet and top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Enjoy!

Last week I did a shoutout on my blog Facebook Page for ideas for all the rhubarb I have. Thank you for the ideas...I'm going to be trying them all out. Last night I made the Rhubarb Cake and boy was it good! Even my husband, who doesn't like rhubarb much, ate two pieces. 
Take a white or yellow cake mix and make it as the package directs. Spread in pan and top with 2 c. sliced rhubarb and 1 c. sugar (I am not a huge sugar fan so only used about 1/4 c. on top). Pour 1 c. cream over top and bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes or until done. This is going into my recipe box for sure!

2 comments:

  1. I cook 4 cups of rhubarb with about 1/4 cup water. Do not add sugar. Then when it is cooked completely, turn of heat and add 1 package of red gelatin. I like raspberry, strawberry and even cranberry this way. There is plenty of sugar in the gelatin. For those who need less sugar, use the sugar free type. It makes a very good ice cream topping while still warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...this sounds delicious! I don't think the boys would like it (they only like rhubarb if it is well hidden in recipes!) but sounds like something Becca and I would love!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails