*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Thursday, June 20, 2013

June IPSY Bag Review

IPSY is one of my favorite subscription companies. I've been receiving it for about 6 months now and am almost always happy with the majority of it.  
This month's theme was "On the Wild Side" and I love the wild makeup bag!
Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil by Chella ($18). I wasn't sure what this was but it will cover blemishes, help red spots, lighten dark spots or dark circle. There are rave reviews going around about this and I'm happy to be able to give it a try.

J. Cat Sparkling Cream Palette ($4.50) Some are saying don't use this by your eyes and others are saying do...so I'm going to try it because if I don't use it by my eyes what else would I use it on?! I like the colors so we shall see how I like the product.
StarLooks Lip Pencil ($12) I am not a lip pencil person so will not be using this.

NYX Mosaic Powder ($7). This should go well with my skin tone and looks more like a bronzer than a blush to me.
J. Cat Eyelashes and glue ($3.99). Totally not my style. If I were to wear false eyelashes I would end up like Lucy on "I Love Lucy" when her eyelashes are falling off!

This month was sort of iffy. Others received gel eye liner or dry shampoo in place of the eyelashes and I would have preferred either of those to this. But, I think IPSY realizes this because they told us to all update our profiles (where it asks skin color, hair color, makeup style, etc. in order to know our style). I think the coming months will be much more tailored to each individual.

This months bag had a value of $45.49, plus the makeup bag itself. If you would like to sign up it is $10 per month and there is a waiting list but hopefully you can get "in" before the July bags are shipped out.

Disclaimer: Referral links included in post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails