*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Saturday, March 6, 2010

Do Cookbooks Make You Drool?

If cookbooks make you drool, this one will have you foaming at the mouth. "The Pioneer Woman Cooks" by Ree Drummond is a work of art and the recipes not only look scrumptious but the majority of them look quite easy and use ingredients that are easy to find and fairly inexpensive. If you don't recognize the name, Ree is the blogger who writes Confessions of a Pioneer Woman. I think that everyone knows about that blog, right?!

I received this book in the mail last week from a trade I did on Paperback Swap (tired of hearing about it? I'll never be!). I spent a good hour pouring over the book and looking at all the pictures. I put it down on my bed stand and kind of forgot about it until this morning. This morning Joe woke up early and decided to go into the playroom to play (which is right outside our bedroom). Since I didn't feel like getting out of bed at that moment I sat up and started looking through the cookbook once again. I ran across the recipe "Egg-In-The-Hole" which wetted my appetite so I decided to get up and make them for breakfast. I've actually made these before (we call them Egg In A Basket) but today they tasted so much better than the ones I've made previously. It could be the extra butter the recipe calls for or the fact that it utilizes my iron skillet.

Speaking of my iron skillet, I love it. I really do. And I love the fact that many of Ree's recipes can be done in an iron skillet. This is a cookbook after my own heart.

Okay, carrying on...since I am writing out my grocery list this morning and running to the grocery store later on, I am going to incorporate a few of these recipes in my menu plan this week. I'll be making "Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich" and "Beans and Cornbread" this week. Her recipes look so good that I hope to make one or two new ones a week until I've made them all.

If you don't have this cookbook, you are really missing out! I feel sorry for you, I really really do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails