*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Awards!

I am skipping today's "Wholesome Wednesday" as I just didn't have the time to put together a detailed post. It will resume next week as regularly scheduled.

Today, instead, I will be handing out some awards to bloggers that I enjoy reading. This is not an exhaustive list, as there are several more blogs that I enjoy, but I can only award ten blog today...so will hold onto the other ones for next time. Thanks to Penniless Parenting for awarding me the Sugar Doll blogging award! How this award works is I need to list ten things about myself that you may not know about me. Then I need to list ten blogs which I read. So here it goes...

1. I have always wanted to learn to play the guitar. I am actually considering taking some lessons at some point to learn the basics.

2. I have also wanted to learn to ride a horse ever since I was a little girl. Now that a friend is starting up some horse riding lessons this spring the kids and I will be signing up.

3. I love folding laundry. Strange, isn't it? I don't like washing it or putting it away, but the folding part makes me feel good.

4. I had only been to two states (my own and the Minnesota border) by the time I was 18 years old. Once I turned 18 I traveled to 6 different states (and flew above several others) in less than a year. I long to do more traveling and hope to go out West within the next few years.

5. I think it would be awesome to take a year to just travel around the United States in an RV. Of course, that takes money...so I don't see that happening. But I still think it would be cool.

6. I love the color green.

7. I am 5'6" tall

8. From the time I was 10 to the age of 14 I swore up and down that I was going to be a police officer when I grew up.

9. I am a rarity in this town. There are just very, very few stay-at-home moms where we live and NOTHING for stay-at-home moms to do. No MOPS, no playgroups, nothing.

10. I love music and seem to turn it up even louder when the kids are being bad. I listen to everything from Enya to Everclear to CCR. We have a huge range of music Cds.

I now award the Sugar Doll Award to:

Mama On A Mission

Mary Potter Kenyon

Simply Sonita

The Path of Frugality

Random Thoughts

Not Quite June Cleaver

My Thoughts In Color

Cars Trucks And Teething Rings

Just An All American Girl

Out On The Ranch

Do you read any of those blogs? Which are your favorites? Go check them all out...there is something for everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you so much!!!!! I love folding laundry too. It IS a giid feeling. And, about MOPS, is it possible you could start a chapter of it at your church or something? Sorry there isn't much to do for SAHM's where you live!

    Thank you again! I will check out all of these blogs as soon as I get a "free" minute...=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also am a new follower...Don't know WHY I wasn't. I thought I had followed the last time I was here. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the Award. That is so amazing that you thought of me. I truely appreciate it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very surprised that you picked my blog for one of your ten blogs you read. Thank you! It looks like I am in good company after viewing the other blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandy-
    I would consider starting a MOPS but I already tried starting a mommy group with only three people who showed up...and after several meetings only one lady was coming regularly. I also tried starting a Holistic Moms group in a nearby town and that flopped too. Not due to lack of trying as I contacted newspapers and sent out tons of information about the meetings. So I'm really burnt out in trying to start anything now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm following yours now, btw, I love your blog name, it is very apt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, and I might have to add your banner to my other blog too, it's very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the award :0) I've really enjoyed reading yours, too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails