*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Saturday, August 7, 2010

This & That

I found the receipt for the watermelon and a few 100% fruit snacks for the kids...which was $4.83. We also spent $14.89 at our grocery store on my birthday for frosting for the cookies, grapes, peaches, and some meat. Last night we went to our local meat market for the first time, looking for some sweet corn which we saw advertised on their sign. Why, oh why, haven't we been there before?! Their produce prices are wonderful: we were able to get a dozen sweet corn for $3, cucumbers 3/$1, huge cantaloupes for $1.50, and onions for 25 cents. The fresh, local meat there is a good deal as well so we will be going back. Actually, we will probably be going back today because my husband wants to pick up another cantaloupe and some more of the yummy beef sticks that they have (which taste like a mixture of salami and beef jerky). Anyhow, my point was that we spent $8 there. Grand total left for the month is $617.08. I will be doing my grocery shopping either sometime today or tomorrow so will update then.

Remember last month when I mentioned the child trays of food for lunch? They are a big hit with our kids but we didn't have enough divided plates for everyone. Imagine my delight when I ran across retro divided plates on clearance at Target a few weeks ago! I bought each child their own...Joe has the bike one below, Becca has a cheerful cherry plate, and Jacob has a green pinwheel plate. Adorable and oh so fun!

For lunch one day the kids had fresh carrot slices with dip, ants on a log (celery sticks with peanut butter and raisins), and chips and salsa. There were also apple slices on the plate but Joe grabbed his off before I snapped the photo!

2 comments:

  1. new follower here!! I LOVE your challenge. I might join in in the future sometime. This is awesome! I love the lunch dishes too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skye is the Limit- Welcome! So glad you are finding the challenge interesting and getting some lunch ideas. It will be fun to have you in a future challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails