*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Monday, August 23, 2010

Not Me! Monday

After only throwing up once in thirteen years I did not break that streak on Saturday when I came down with the same illness that the rest of the family went through last week. After throwing up I did not crawl into bed and stay there the rest of the day, only getting up to take a bath two different times because my body was aching so much.

I was not eternally grateful to my husband for keeping the kids busy for the majority of the day so that I could be left alone to sleep and be still. BUT, I was also not a little miffed to arrive downstairs to a completely trashed house by the end of the day.

I was also not a little sickened when I looked into the grocery bags of what he brought home on Saturday so that they could fend for themselves while mama was sick. The sight of Tostinos party pizza, pizza rolls, Little Debbie snack cakes, and pop made me want to go throw up again. Granted, there was also cantaloupe, watermelon, and salad in the bags as well. It makes me wonder what most single dads feed their children...

It won't be me trying to play catch up on a trashed house the next few days or trying to get my kids back to a (more) healthful diet this week. Nope, not me!

As a side note, I really am so grateful that I was afforded a day of rest while sick. That is a huge thing for a mama of little ones! Thanks honey!

6 comments:

  1. It's so hard when you're that sick! I know when that happened to me this past winter, I was actually down for the count for a few days..... just the pile of laundry alone that waited for me made me weak in the knees!

    Glad you're on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor woman. The stomach flu is the worst. Why is it that moms can take care of the kids, cook a real dinner, clean the house, and teach them school and Dad can barely keep them alive? Last time my dh told me he WAS good at mulittasking I had to hold back my true opinion for the greater good of family harmony. Multitasking is THE LAST thing he is good at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better!
    When I had an unexpectedly long dentist appt. My husband only fed the kids Zucchini bread the whole time I was gone...at least it had a veggie in it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too hope you get feeling better soon! Stomache flu is the pits.. :( And Daddies.. Oh my. My fiances choice for dinner for him and the kids when I'm not home? Ramen.. Yeah. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were all sick about 4 months ago. It was horrible. The same thing happened. When I was resting the house would be a MESS. I was playing catch-up for at least 2 weeks after we were better!
    http://www.elislids.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails