*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Monday, May 13, 2013

Take A Chance On Me

I've finally gotten back to reading after weeks of not even picking up a magazine! My days are full but I am back to staying up in the evenings, savoring the stillness of the house, and reading a few pages of a novel.

Last night I finished Take a Chance On Me by Susan May Warren. I've said it before and I'll say it again, most Christian fiction is too sappy, too forced for me. I love God, I love reading about God, but too many Christian books try to push Christianity so much that it doesn't even make sense where it is placed sometimes. This is not one of those books.

The plot is interesting and things flow very nicely. It really showcases almost the whole town, without having too many characters to keep track of (a huge pet peeve of mine!). You get to know and love the characters and root for some more than others.

This book kept me entertained and I look forward to reading others from this author! You can read the first chapter by clicking here.

Disclaimer: Tyndale House Publishers has provided you with a complimentary copy of this book

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails