*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Friday, May 3, 2013

Nuk Fresh Foods Cook-n-Blend

With my first baby, I bought into the hype of the Gerber baby food in teeny tiny jars...for about a month. I soon realized that I was spending a lot of money on a little bit of food which my daughter didn't even finish or even seem to like.

I noticed her interest in the foods that her daddy and I were eating at the table and started to just feed her from my plate after that. I'd squish a pea with my fork or feed her a bit of mashed potatoes, etc.

The fact is, fresher food is better food and I don't feel you have to buy "special food" for a baby. Which is why I was excited to get the chance to review the Nuk Freshfoods Baby Food Maker, hosted by Moms Meet.

Being able to blend up fresh fruits and vegetables is not only good for a baby, but also to use recipes for the older kids which sneak pureed food into normal meal time foods when one has a picky eater on their hands.
 
Not only does it puree foods but it also steam cooks them. The option of smooth or chunky textures means that I can make foods that my baby will like this summer or that my 4 year old would enjoy (chunky applesauce, anyone?). A smoothie blade is even included that we all can use.

Dishwasher safe means that it is easy clean up. There is nothing that I hate more than scrubbing something that is hard to clean.

This retails for $99.99 but for a limited time you can get a $20 coupon for the baby food maker or $1 coupon for an accessory (of which they have many - food mill, food trays, etc.). Just go here for your coupons.  

Disclaimer:  received this product for free from the sponsor of the Moms MeetSM program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms MeetSM blogger, I agreed to use this product and post my opinions on my blog.  My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacturer of the product.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails