*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Saturday, May 18, 2013

For Women Only

I'm gun shy about books about men and how to strengthen relationships after reading Dr. Laura's book year ago in which she seemed to suggest that anything a guy did (cheat, not be romantic, etc.) was our (women's fault). 

For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn looked interesting enough that I wanted to give it a try. Luckily, I was not disappointed. There really is a way to write about men and how we can improve our relationships with them without blaming us women.

From sex to stress, conversations to temptations, we learn through interviews and studies that Shaunti conducted into what men are really thinking and feeling.  
Even after being married for 12 years I am far from knowledgeable about the inner workings of a man's mind. They are just wired so differently than us an most men don't give up their feelings easily. I've gleaned a lot of knowledge that I didn't have before.

The only complaint I have is that throughout the book their are pull quotes and they break up the reading so much that I had to skip over them. Since they only reiterated what was just said (sometimes the pull quote was placed directly above the actual quote!) there was no need for them. This was more of a design flaw than writer problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails