*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Saturday, December 29, 2012

Medicine Cabinet

We've been lucky to never have the flu in this household (knock on wood!) nor ever an ear infection, strep throat, or any other typical childhood illness. I contribute this partly to my child's good immune systems and partly to our medicine cabinet.

We don't do the flu shot but do boost the kid's own immune systems. I love Animal Parade supplements and daily the kids take their GOLD vitamins, Kid Greenz, and Acidophi Kidz. When we are out an about we use Dr.Green hand sanitizer (all natural with no harsh alcohol).
When we feel a sickness coming on we also add the L'il Critter Immune C plus zinc and echinacea and Elderberry syrup.
An example of how these immune boosters help is a few months ago when Ben and I had a horrible cold. I started the kids on the L'il Critters and the Elderberry and all the kids got were the sniffles, even Jacob who's immune system was still pretty compromised. Once Ben and I started taking them as well our cold symptoms greatly improved. Now we all start taking these at the slightest hint of a sickness.

What is in your family's medicine cabinet?
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm keeping this post... I definitely need to work on my kids immune systems, we've had a rough go of it lately... Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails