*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Monday, December 3, 2012

Lifted By Angels by Joel J. Miller

I have always been fascinated with angels. I figured this book would be right up my alley.

Lifted By Angels by Joel J. Miller is more of a textbook case on angels, rather than a feel-good book of angel stories. I, like other reviewers, found parts of it to be dry. While the Biblical accounts of angels and their purpose are interesting, there is only so much of that before one gets a bit bored while reading.

Two chapters interested me fully. The chapter about fallen angels and the chapter about guardian angels. I've always had the belief that each of us has a guardian angel, and have experienced the protection of mine in a few instances. Reading more about the Biblical basis of guardian angels was fascinating. Reading about the dark (or fallen) angels was equally as fascinating, as well as a bit bone chilling. Because it is only more proof that while angels can have a very important part in our life, so can the dark angels. This book brings home the point that that we literally are in the fight daily between good and evil.

While this was not a page turner for me, I would recommend it for anyone who loves the topic of angels, or wants proof of where in the Bible angels are mentioned and what part they play in our lives as Christians. It makes for an interesting, though possibly slow, study on angels.

This book was provided by Booksneeze as part of their book review bloggers program. I have not been compensated for this review, nor was a positive review expected. The opinions presented in this review are my own.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails