*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Friday, November 18, 2011

When Crayons on the Wall are Okay

I've been searching for pictures or artwork to hang in the kid's bedroom but it's been an impossible search since there are both boys and a girl in the room. Everything is either too girly or too macho. I then remembered a craft that I had seen months ago on Facebook and decided to try it out.



Just pick up a canvas and glue crayons to the top. You can group them together in color families but I liked the random look.

Lean it up on something (I used the inside of the oven door) and cover the floor with newspaper. Run a heat gun (I've heard a blow dryer on high works well too) back and forth letting the crayons melt and drip.
You can let them drip just slightly or let them run down the canvas. I decided to let the sides drip more than the middle.



Hang it up and you now have a work of art!




The kids love it and it fits nicely in their room. I plan to add more artwork to the same wall until it looks like an art gallery wall. :)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! So much! I think we might do it. I've been dragging my feet decorating here, but it's time, we've been here over a year now. I can't wait to see what else you do!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails