*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Saturday, September 25, 2010

Scrumptious Saturday

My divided lunch trays for the kiddie lunches are still a hit. Mind you, we don't eat these every day but I have found that when I serve these trays the kids clean their plates a lot better. Making lunch fun makes lunch taste better.

On this particular day we had cauliflower, broccoli, and vegetable dip, organic grapes, and chips with hummus. The kids usually enjoy the garlic hummus that I buy but only Becca liked the roasted red pepper hummus this time around. I think I prefer the red pepper hummus over the garlic so am happy to finish the container off on my own!

Recently I tried a Beer Bread recipe from I'm a Frugal Girl. I absolutely love it as it is simple (no kneading or rising!) and tastes delicious. I served it with a tuna noodle dish but can't wait to try it with chili or other soup. I even had the leftovers for breakfast the next day. It was great warm from the oven but a bit crumbly. It firmed up overnight and was easier to cut the next day so do not despair if you bake it a day or so ahead of time!

Beer Bread

3 c. flour
3 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1/4 c. sugar
12 oz. beer
2 T. soft butter
1 garlic clove, minced

Mix dry ingredients, add garlic and butter. Add beer and mix well. Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

  1. I don't drink beer, but I bet my husband would enjoy the bread. As for the divided dishes, they go similarly with Muffin Tin Mondays and that's a fun way for my daughter to eat, too! I may have to get some. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails