*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Friday, September 3, 2010

Eco Store

Eco Store was kind enough to send me some products to review. You all know me and how I love any product that is natural and safe for my family, so I jumped at the chance to review their product. Their trade mark says it all: No Nasty Chemicals.

We've all heard the saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover". Sometimes you just can't help it. Look at this packaging and tell me you can resist it:

Isn't that the most adorable label ever? Joe points to the baby every single time he is in the bath! It isn't just cute though. The body wash smells divine and natural to boot. No fake fragrance smell at all. To me it smells a bit like Vick's vapor rub, which isn't a bad thing. I feel good washing the kids with this. It doesn't state anywhere on the bottle that it is for hair washing but I've been using it as a dual purpose wash for the kiddos and it is working out great.

I was even more excited to use the hypoallergenic pet shampoo as I haven't found another natural pet product out there. I have a very itchy English Bulldog. Itchy and problem skin just comes with the territory for most bulldogs. She gets itchy, she gets scratchy, and she gets several staph infections of the skin. Just watching her itch makes me uncomfortable. One would think that bathing her would help the issue but the traditional pet soap seems to leave a film on her skin that makes the itching worse.

This hypoallergenic shampoo works great for her. It smells wonderful, which is great for my stinky little doggie. It makes it much more bearable to live with her. It does not completely stop the itching issues but does calm them down, which is much better than aggravating them. This stuff is a keeper!

The only con that I can think of is that the prices are just a bit steep for me. $13 for the dog shampoo and $10 for the baby wash. I can see myself paying about $8 each for these and being fine with it, as each bottle is lasting forever. The good news is that their website always has free shipping on all orders over $25. We all know that most businesses charge and arm and a leg on their shipping prices so this pro outweighs the con. It gets better though! I just noticed that right now on their website they are offering a back to school special where you can get 25% off your order when you enter WQ551 at checkout! I'm not sure when this special ends so I recommend you checking their site out soon!

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, have you ever tried making your own soap? I did it and sold it for 5 years. It's not difficult and you have total control over what goes in it. If you would like more info on that shoot me a note and I will be happy to help you out. I may even have a few bars that I could sen out to you if you like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I've never made my own soap. I have thought about it, and even own a book about making my own, but the inital cost of ingredients are a bit daunting! How long have you been making soap? How much does a batch of it tend to cost you?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails