*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Saturday, September 21, 2013

Escape Monthly September Box Review - Oregon

Escape Monthly is a new subscription box which is a "vacation in a box". Each month is a different destination and one lucky subscriber, who finds the "golden ticket" (not really golden, of course!) in their box that month actually wins a trip to that destination!

Last month was their very first box and was a "Napa Valley" one. I didn't enjoy it much. Not that it wasn't a great spa box, because it was, but it didn't scream "Napa Valley!" to me. This box, the Oregon one, was much put together much better since it features almost all products exclusively made in Oregon. Now that is what I wanted when I subscribed.

Can I say that I really, really, really wanted to win the trip this month, since Oregon has been on my husbands "go to" list forever? At least I feel like we got a taste of Oregon. :)
Included in the September box was:
*Doug's Nuts ($5.95). A blend of almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans, walnuts, peanuts, and pumpkin seeds. I can't wait to try this for a healthy snack!

*Grounds for Change Peru "Café Femenino" whole bean coffee ($10.45). Organic and fair trade.

*Moon Oregon Travel Guide ($21.99). I will actually save this and hopefully use it to bookmark a trip there!
*Oregon Rain Soap - Portland Rose Lotion ($8.99). This is made with real Oregon rain! Can't wait to try it!

*Portland Bee Balm ($2.75). Made by hand at the home of its owners! Love these natural, small home business health and beauty products.

*Molly Muriel Volcanic Bliss bar soap ($6). Great for trouble skin - this will be wonderful for most of the family members here!

*Bonus Item was a wooden pumice brush ($5.99)
*Oregon Orchard Cherry Chocolate hazelnuts ($3.29). These sound sooo good, can't wait to try them!

*Primitive Lights Beeswax Cinnamon Roll Votive ($4). Handcrafted in the heart of Oregon. This smells delightful!

*Metolius Tea and Apothecary tea tin ($10). Coconut, lavender, and raspberry. This will make for some before bed brew time. :)

I really loved this box and got a good taste of Oregon through it. This is one of the more expensive subscription boxes at $49.95 a month but I feel this little "get away" is worth it! You can use the code TROPICALESCAPE to get 20% off at Escape Monthly. Next month is Hawaii and I can't help but feel it will be awesome.

Disclaimer: Referral links included.
 

2 comments:

  1. I loved the coffee, very yummy. Overall I liked all the goodies in the box!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails