*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Tuesday, December 27, 2011

This Week

We enjoyed a slower paced Christmas.

We appreciated fully the fact that our family was together and not separated like last year when Jacob was in the hospital after surgery.


We spent the day out and about yesterday to celebrate hubby's birthday. One isn't in the mood for cake the day after Christmas but we ate the whole thing anyway!

I planned to stay in my pjs all day but I forgot that the children need to be fed and with little food in the house, no dish soap, and the very end of the toilet paper roll I think it means that I do have to venture out today.

I'm thinking about what my New Year's resolutions will be (lose weight? set a new budget? really speed up my de-cluttering? get to work on the things I've always wanted to learn/do?) and wondering if you'd like me to highlight them on this blog. What would you be most interested in seeing?

3 comments:

  1. One of my favorite things on mommy blogs is before and after posts..you know, where a picture is shown of a room/closet/any space before a major clean, rearrangement, general spruce up, whatever. It really motivates me and its fun to see how other moms houses look in their natural state. :) I love decluttering/organizing, frugal home decor, and generally homemaking type posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those types of posts as well...on other blogs!! I'm going to try to be brave enough to post a "before" picture of something soon. Dare I post a photo of our living room or playroom in the middle of the afternoon when it looks like a tornado ripped through?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it. :) It's encouraging to see that other moms have similar struggles also. It's so easy to fall into the trap of comparing ourselves and reading a blog and wondering how the writer "does it all". It's refreshing to see somone like us who is actually human and gets tired and usually doesn't have the house looking like a show room. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails