*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Thursday, December 15, 2011

Busy in the Workshop

My family has suddenly morphed into busy little elves. The house has become a messy workshop and I am loving every one's creativity. Unfortunately, I can't show much of what we have been working on as it is for gifts. I'll post some photos after Christmas though!


My husband even got into the creative mood and built his first ever piece of furniture...a farmhouse toddler bed for Joe.



It's finished except for the top piece of the footboard (somehow we ended up one board short...but that will be an easy fix). I also have plans for painting it a fire engine red (though I am kind of digging the natural wood look) so I'll post photos when it's completely finished. The plans for this bed can be found at Ana White's awesome site. Next up I'm hoping for the queen size farmhouse bed!



I better get back to the workshop...there is only 10 days to Christmas, after all!

1 comment:

  1. Love that bed! My hubby built 2 twin size and adapted them to make bunk beds. I'm confident they are going to last forever!!! Your hubs did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails