*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Saturday, December 10, 2011

It's That Time Again...

...Baking time! I'm not doing huge amounts of sweets this year but we have our yearly favorites that we will be working on.

I realized yesterday that there is just a little over two weeks until Christmas; here I haven't made one Christmas goodie yet! Time to get cracking this week, so in preparation of that I worked at organizing my baking cupboard.


It may still seem like a mess but I now know exactly where everything is and what I need to pick up at the store yet. I've got more flour and sugar in the pantry, chocolate in the freezer, and ideas aplenty.


I better get busy...


What is your all-time favorite holiday goodie?

5 comments:

  1. I always make Chex mix, but I wait until about a week before Christmas, and still have to hide it! One year I made homemade caramels, and on an outing with hubby this year, I had to die for sea salt caramels, so those are going to be made. I wouldn't call them a favorite holiday treat though...more like a favorite any time of year! -Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I love Chex mix but think I've only made it one time - that might have to go on my list...though puppy chow may win out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe Christmas is so close. Today we're working on lemon doughnuts and we do need to make some gingerbread men at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gingerbread men!! We always make the sugar cookie cutouts but never the gingerbread men...that is something I want to make this year...especially with all the molasses I have from an Amish store. Thanks for that reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth, Fareway had a great coupon for Chex cereal...but it would only run through tomorrow. 3 for $4.50! -Marian

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails