*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Sunday, October 10, 2010

10`10`10, Odds & Ends

Boy, if I was pregnant I would be hoping to have a baby today just because the date would be an awesome birthday to have. :) I also read that this month has 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays, and 5 Sundays and that won't happen again for another 800 years or so?! I'm not sure if that it is true or not but it's something to think about.


I typically write my posts the evening before posting. You know, I am a busy mama and all and don't have a whole lot of computer time during the day. I jump on every now and then to check e-mail or log onto Facebook for a minute or two, but when it comes to actually trying to do something that requires thinking, I tend to try to achieve that at night when the kids are in bed.

It is 10-10-10 as I speak (err...type) as it is well past midnight. I only just returned home an hour and a half ago from the ER, with Becca. I cringe as I type this, because I know what you non-animal owners will be thinking ("and that is exactly why I don't have pets") but Becca was rough housing with our puppy and got bit on her face. It wasn't a horrible gash, just a fairly deep cut on her cheek but considering it was a dog bite, and on the face, I took her in. They didn't stitch the wound closed as they said that increases the likelihood of infection so put strips on the wound to hold it together, while still allowing air into it. She will probably have a scar there but I'm just thankful that it is small and that it missed the eye. Our dog is not vicious (puppies will be puppies, after all) and the kids now have a greater respect for not teasing or climbing on her. Lesson learned, both for children and parents.

She's fine (no crying, even!) and is in bed now, as is the rest of the family. It just seems that if it isn't one thing, it's another.

On a brighter note, we have been enjoying an Indian Summer. I have let housework, school, and responsibilities fall to the wayside the past few days and we have been making the most of these precious "perfect days".


We spent much of the afternoon today at the pumpkin patch (more about that later!) and spent the rest of the day outside playing and taking walks. My energy has been limitless (well, to an extent, that is) these past several days. The bright sunshine and perfect temperatures have brightened my soul and spirit. By the end of today we were sun-kissed, worn out, and totally content. You know, until the ER run, that is.

It sounds like another perfect day is in store for us tomorrow (err...actually, today) so I suppose that I should hit the sack because the little munchkins will be waking me up before I know it.
Have a terrific Sunday and ENJOY it!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying the weather and very glad the bite wasn't more serious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say hi, and Im a new follower from Mama M's blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails