*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Friday, May 14, 2010

Frugal Friday: Test New Products, Spread the Word

Many companies know that mothers are their biggest spenders. They have multi-million dollar advertisement campaigns in order to raise awareness of their products. Everything from free or high cents off coupons in the papers to advertising on mommy blogs.

With advances in the internet many companies are campaigning more and more on the web to drum up business. There has been a big upswing on Facebook groups by companies where you can "like" their page and get a free product coupon in return. I've gotten several free products this way and learn about most of them through Hip 2 Save. It's fast and easy. Many companies, when you become a fan on their Facebook page, also let you know about special promotions and discounts. A nearby grocery store sent out a 10% off coupon for your total order (I saved $4.50 that way) and also updates me on Buy 1 Get 1 Free promotions and other sales so it is totally worth it to become a fan of these companies on Facebook.

There are websites designed specifically to create a buzz and spread good news about a new product through word of mouth. Becoming a Bzzagent for example, is a way that word-of-mouth marketing works. Depending on your interests you will be offered certain bzz campaigns. All you need to do is test the product and spread the word about them. I have done everything from testing Take5 candy bars to trying out dog food (I didn't try it, my dog did)...all for free!

Vocalpoint is a place for women to be in the know about new products. I've received so many free coupons in the mail for items and many are products that I probably never would have known about or tried without the incentive of "free" but that have quickly become my favorite. You can give your feedback on the products right on their sites. I've received coupons for Del-Monte fruit, organic cereal, and so much more.

Does having a party with friends and family and trying out the latest products sound like fun? Houseparty offers you the opportunity to do just that! I've been able to host two house parties through them...one was a clothing swap for Green Works cleaner. They sent the invitations along with goodies to pass out such as Green Works laundry detergent samples, Burt's Bess products, Brita water bottles, and coupons. The other was a Digorno Pizza party. They sent an apron, pizza cutter, necklaces/beads, games, and six coupons for a free pizza, along with several high value coupons to hand out to guests. These are all free to become involved in and I am constantly getting offers to host a party but only apply for those that interest me.

Being able to try fresh, new products for free and give my opinion to companies on their products? It's a win-win situation!

1 comment:

  1. I need to look into Bzzagent. I've never heard of it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails