*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Yummy Treat and Frugal Find

If you read my Not Me! Monday post yesterday you would have read that we ate a whole pan of peanut butter chocolate chip bars in one evening. They are just that good!

I first tasted them at a party that my aunt hosted. I craved them ever since and finally pried the recipe from her (okay, she actually willingly gave it to me!). I just had to share!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars

1/2 c. butter, softened

1/2 c. white sugar

1/2 c. brown sugar

1/2 c. peanut butter

1 egg

1 tsp. vanilla

1 c. flour

1/2 c. quick oats

1 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. salt

1 c. chocolate chips

Icing:

1/2 c. powdered sugar

2 T. peanut butter

2 T. milk

In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars, and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt; gradually put into the creamed mixture and mix well. Spread into a greased 13 x 9 pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes and drizzle with icing. Cool before cutting into bars.


And now for the frugal find! I love consignment stores, but hate shopping with children. I recently found an online consignment store called Criss Cross Kidsignment.
The prices are great and the shipping is a flat fee which is very reasonable. I found my boys several pajamas and got Joe a few shirts as well. I received the order today in the mail and everything is nice quality. If you have children (or grandchildren!) I recommend checking out their website. And if you happen to place an order, on the payment page in the notes section can you put "Referred by babys_mama1 "at" yahoo.com" They have a referral program where if you refer your family or friends you earn $1 credit. The prices are far better than ebay and it is such fun shopping from your desk chair and having your clothing delivered to your front door.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dear,
    I would LOVE to try your recipe for chocolate chip peanut butter bars, but only half the recipe is showing up on your blog! haha lol. I'm guessing the picture is blocking the rest of it. Anyways, just thought I'd let you know ;) BTW, I've been stalking, er, following your blog for a while now! I LOVE it. I've just recently started blogging, but I like the fact that I can say whatever I want and most people have NO clue that I blog, nor how to find me ;) Anyway,I think you have a great blog and some cute kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joni-
    The recipe should be reset now showing the entire thing. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! :) Let me know if you try the bars out and how you like them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails