*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Saturday, February 27, 2010

Window Shopping

Today we went out of town and did a little shopping. Most of it involved window shopping as we like to look but rarely buy. We did buy some vegetables and fruit at Target and I picked up the kids vitamins, Omega 3 chews, and Ben's flax seed oil pills (which he takes for high blood pressure and it has been keeping it in check).

I ran across these retro kitchen items at Target and fell in love with them!

Bread box

Utensil holder
Canisters


I love retro pieces and think these would look so cool in my kitchen. They are $14.99 each though, which is more than I want to spend on them. I will be keeping my eye on them in case they go on clearance and will be looking for similar pieces at garage sales.
My kitchen theme right now is roosters and I think I can incorporate pieces like the ones above without having to redo anything else. Each piece is fully functional as well and not just a cool decoration. I don't own a bread box but think it would come in handy keeping the bags of bread away from the prying hands of hungry toddlers. The utensil holder could replace our utensil drawer and make it easy for the kids to help put the clean utensils away. The canisters could hold so many things. These are now on my "want" list and I just wanted to share them with all of you. Do you love them or hate them?

6 comments:

  1. I have roosters in my kitchen and I've been eyeing a few of these yellow and red pieces too. How funny. I don't need any of them though, so I think I'll resisit, they are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the utensil holder. I've moved the kitchen tools (spatula, whisk, whatever) out of the drawer and love the convenience. Thinking about doing the same with silverware. Doesn't match my kitchen but I like the design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! I too have roosters...
    I like the lime green canisters, but I wish they were easier to find in square shapes. Circles feel like they take up way too much space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE them! I want to "redo" my entire kitchen totally retro, but I want authentic retro. I "window shop" all the time here http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_type=category&search_query=kitchen&category=vintage
    Reminds me of my childhood, I see so many things here I remember from my grandmother's kitchen and even my mom's kitchen. (I'm so old my childhood memories are vintage! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, my kitchen is full of roosters too! I'll have to take some pictures for you. I found my red iron utensil crock and spoon rest (both vintage looking) on Craigslist for $5 total. I've also found some great vintage roosters there. Don't write of CL yet, they have TONS of stuff being given away for pennies!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails