*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Monday, November 16, 2009

Welcome to Lehman's

I'm not sure how many of you have heard of Lehman's before but it is an awesome store in Kidron, Ohio that is somewhat out of the 1800's. Lots of old time country things for sale and just such a neat store to walk through. I've seen the catalog before and loved looking through all the products so I was thrilled when Ben's step-dad and his wife asked if we'd like to drive up there with them!

I bought my camera and was all prepared to take several photos of the inside but became so engrossed in looking around that I forgot until the very end, when we were in the room which had all the electric and wood stoves for sale. Unfortunately, as you can see, that photo did not turn out too well. But I at least have proof from the above and below photos that I was there!
It is easy to overspend at a store like this so we tried to only buy what we really wanted. We ended up with a coffee mug (which I have been using every morning for my tea), two magnets, several post cards, a soy candle, soap homemade by the Amish, some old fashioned candy, and three bars of Zote soap...which I will be showcasing in a recipe later this week here!


If you ever get a chance to swing by this store I highly recommend it, or else stroll through their website to see what they have. I told Ben that if we lived closer it would be a store that I would frequent often.

Another original store that we stopped at was Planktown Country Market in Shiloh, Ohio. My mother-in-law shops there often and when she mentioned it was a Mennonite store I was intrigued and had to visit. It is a wonderful small grocery store that has a little bit of everything, many things being natural. I picked up some spices, homemade apple butter and strawberry rhubarb jam, sweet pickled garlic (don't knock it until you've tried it!), black strap molasses, and a few other goodies. It is my dream store...I wish we had something like that around here, I would shop there weekly. The meat and cheese looked delicious and the produce was sold in huge bags for a steal. It would be an awesome place to get wholewheat flour, raw sugar, raw honey, and more. Those who live around that store are awfully lucky!

Do you happen to have a favorite "original" store in your area? I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails