*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Going to the Zoo

I loved going to the zoo as a child. We didn't live close to one so I was only able to go a couple times while growing up. I still love zoos. So when I knew we would be near Cleveland I asked Ben if we could go to the zoo there. I'm glad that some of the in-laws had the same idea and planned a day that we could all go there together. We got there a little late so only had three hours to look around so did miss a lot of the exhibits but the kids were thrilled by what they saw.


This is Jacob, and if you look closely you can see a black shape next to him which is a monkey that was just sitting there. He loved seeing it up so close and I just wish this photo would have turned out better.


I thought Joe would be terrified at seeing this big guy up close but he just watched him move about the enclosure.


This snow leopard was enjoying his pumpkin and then noticed myself and another lady pulling out a camera. He actually smiled for the camera!


This shark was probably one of Jacob's favorite exhibits. He stood there for at least five minutes just watching it swim around with another shark.




And this monkey? There was another monkey in the enclosure that kept bothering her, I am assuming it was her baby. She tried getting a drink and it came over and bothered her. She tried clinging to a branch and it followed her. She tried coming up to the window to look at us and it was right beside her. Finally she just flopped down in exhaustion and gave up trying to get a moment alone. She reminds me of someone...


1 comment:

  1. I haven't been to the zoo in so long! Thanks for reminding me that I need to take the kids once it warms up again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails