*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Thursday, November 19, 2009

24 Hours of Pantry Cooking

It's been 24 hours of pantry cooking and I just wanted to share how it has shaped out so far. Yesterday for lunch the boys and I just had a corn dog and Becca had a cheese sandwich (her choice). We snacked on yogurt and fruit. For dinner we had macaroni and cheese, baked beans, corn, and mandarin oranges. Later in the evening everyone had air popped popcorn (which we bought the seeds at Lehman's in Ohio!). Everyone was full and happy.

This morning the kids all had Cheerios and juice. I just had a cup of tea and yogurt since with this cold my appetite is not what it usually is. Becca just helped me stir up a pumpkin roll and it is in the oven baking and later Jacob will help me mix up the frosting. This is one of my hubby's favorite desserts and we happened to have all the ingredients on hand so this will go with dinner tonight. I'm still not sure what dinner will be yet, but I will keep everyone posted. I think lunch will just be sandwiches, chips with dip and celery slices, and milk. So far so good!

How are you creative in the kitchen? What are you making tonight for dinner? Please share!

2 comments:

  1. Pantry cooking is even a good idea to just use things before they go bad. I had to throw things away so I often will do this before I grocery shop...

    Miss you..

    ~Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you share the pumpkin roll recipe? My hubby loves anything pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails