*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Sunday, November 15, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

We arrived home on Friday and I have been trying to catch up on sleep and household duties ever since. Surprisingly, the ten hour trip to Ohio went amazingly well and all the kids behaved and hardly fussed once. This may be because we left at 4am and they slept half of the way but I am still in shock about how well they did going there. On the way back, not so much. We once again left early in the morning and they slept for several hours but the last four hours of the trip Rebecca got car sick (over and over again) and Joe got extremely fussy. Even Ben and I were terribly tired of the long drive by then and just itching to get back home. We only stopped once, to get breakfast, and drove the rest of the way through.

It's true, there is no place like home. While the vacation went well and we were able to visit several family members and friends and see many local attractions (more about all those later this week) it is just plain difficult to be away from home for a whole week. The kids started to get whiner and whiner as the week went on and I started to loose track of what day and date it was. It still went much better than I expected, considering that Joe has never been out of the house for an overnight stay and the older two had only done that once when we stayed overnight when visiting a zoo. This was the first time the kids, or I, have ever been away from home for a week. It was fun but it is also good to be home once again. I never thought I would say that there is just so much vacation that one can take!

I'll be posting pictures and more about our vacation later in the week. For now I need to catch up on laundry, get some food on the table, and get back to all my regularly scheduled household duties!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back! I was hoping you were having a good time instead of being stressed =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I live in Ohio, why didn't you tell me you were coming!?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails