*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Monday, March 4, 2013

Try it...for free?

I've been tempted to try a Sam's Club membership for about a year now. As my children get older they are eating A LOT more. Anything that can be bought in bulk (especially fruits, vegetables, and dairy) is a huge help! When I broke down the costs for a membership it didn't seem like it would save us a lot though.

Today Living Social has a deal that is too great to pass up. If you don't have a membership at this time, get a one year membership for $45. While that may not sound so hot, this also comes with a $20 Sam's Club gift card and foo vouchers for an Artisan Fresh Rotisserie Chicken, Artisan Fresh Take-and-Bake Pizza, and Two Boxes of 6-, 12-, or 24-Count Artisan Fresh Cookies from Sam's Club (vouchers valued at $19.84). So with that deal you are *basically* getting a membership for $5 or so after the gift card and vouchers. I couldn't pass that up!

Use this link if you are interested in getting this deal (it is a referral link). I'll post a review of my first shopping trip once I go to see how much savings I feel there is in having a membership.

If you already have a Sam's Club membership, what do you save the most on? Do you feel as though you get a substantial savings each year shopping there?

 

4 comments:

  1. I have a Sam's membership, but am considering not to renew. We live 50 miles from the nearest Sam's so do not shop there enough to pay the $45 membership fee. Some items are much cheaper, but other items are cheaper at the local grocery with coupons. It might be worth it for a large family if you live close and do a lot of shopping there, but shopping for 2 there is not always a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our nearest Sam's Club is about 45 miles from us. We do travel to that city at least once a month. I'm hoping it works out to save us money but if not, we won't be out much with this deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know that you will find huge savings on fruits and vegetables. I save a lot on baking supplies (yeast is a steal), 25 pound bags of flour, things like canned olives, TP, protein bars, cans of V-8 juice - things like that. I don't typically think the fruits and vegetables are a good deal. Cheese and butter are also things I buy. I do not personally buy organics, so I don't pay attention to how many organic items they have. Gas is usually $.20/gallon cheaper at Sam's than other locations here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard that about the gas, too, which would be another great savings! I'm excited to scope it out now that I have a membership!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails