*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Thursday, March 14, 2013

March PopSugar Must Have Box

The March PopSugar Must Have box has arrived! For some reason I always receive my box like a week after other people so the spoilers are out by the time I open mine. I suppose I could avoid looking at the spoiler links but I don't have the will power! While the contents were not a surprise there are often different color combinations of items so it's still fun to rip open the box and see it in person. 
Included in the March box was:

*Heather Belle Signature Tassel Necklace. Based on the other items on their site I will price this around $80 (other bloggers are saying $85-$90). I love longer necklaces so this will either be for myself or a gift for someone else!

*The Laundress Delicate Wash ($19). This smells yummy but I honestly don't hand wash anything. I may not use this.

*Corkatoo Corkscrew ($14). This is something that I would never buy for myself but I think it is adorable. We needed a new corkscrew and within a month I may actually be able to enjoy a glass of wine occasionally!

*Buxom Sculpted Lash Mascara ($19). I'm not a huge mascara girl as it tends to get lumpy or smeared under my eyes. Maybe this more expensive brand will be right up my alley?

*Hollywood Fashion Secrets Sweater Saver ($6). I know that I have some sweaters and blankets that need to be de-pilled. This should come in handy!

*The New Black Nail Polish ($10). I was excited for this but disappointed in the colors...I just won't wear such red polish. Other boxes contained fun colors (greens and blues!) that I would have loved to rock on my toes this summer. 

*Peeps ($1). The kids were excited to find something in the box for them and mommy just had to eat one for the baby too!

*Hollywood Fashion Secrets Fashion Tape Assortment Pack

Total comes to around $149! While I won't use everything that I received what I can't use will be able to be re-gifted or sold (I sold the Hanky Panky thong from the February box for $10 on eBay last month!). I think that it is an excellent deal for $35 a month. You can use this link and the code REFERFRIENDS or REFER5 (I think one of those is still good!) to get $5 off your first box, bringing it down to $30. The boxes tend to sell out quickly, so if you are wanting the April box be sure to sign up soon.

What did you think of the March box?  
Disclaimer: My referral link is included in this post.

7 comments:

  1. Just stopping In to send positive and hopeful wishes for ur appt tomorrow nice treat day by the way !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did I think of the March box? I have to say I would have been sorely disappointed with spending $35.00 and getting so many things that I would never use. I guess I am not a surprise box person; I much prefer to select what I buy. And just because there is a value put on something doesn't mean that any of it is worth what they retail for. But if this is something fun for you to purchase and you enjoy these boxes; go for it! Aunt Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone on my blog commented and said that you can actually use the delicate wash in the washing machine, so at least it's not a total waste!

    And I love your polish colors! Rock that this summer!

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth,
    Myself & my 83 YO Mom pray for Jacob every day (she even sent him some kind of bear with a heart on it when he was in the hospital; she is such a beautiful person).
    We are praying for the best of news. I sent her a few pics of Jacob from your blog (she is not great with the computer). She was just tickled & said over and over what a precious gift he is.
    Prayers to you and all of your family.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aunt Pat- I've found past boxes to be better but I can't complain about the price at all since I haven't paid for them...due to referral credits I've gotten all the boxes for free. :) I agree that the values mean nothing if an item isn't something you would buy or buy for that price. For some reason, even though I typically use half of what is in these PopSugar boxes, they are the ones that are the most fun to me. Maybe because they are completely random and stuff I wouldn't buy for myself?

    Jennifer- That's good to know that the delicate wash can be used in the washing machine as laundry soap. Do you happen to know how much should be used?! And, isn't it funny to know that I liked your polish colors better?! lol

    Lisa and A Simple Being - thank you soooooo much for the prayers! We are feeling them, but anxious to get these scan over with. Will update once we know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of You and Jacob today and saying more prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the necklace but it broke! I fixed it but Im worried the tassel will fall off again. I would be so mad if I actually spent $75 dollars on it! I loved the corkatoo!!!!! So cute!
    http://alisonblogg.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails