*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Friday, October 23, 2009

Frugal Friday

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!


Are you a bookworm that balks at paying full price for a book? Do you love to collect books but have an empty wallet? I want to let you in on a little secret, Paperback Swap http://www.paperbackswap.com is one of the easiest ways to get a book that you have been wanting without paying full price. It is so easy too! When you sign up you post 10 or more books of your own that you no longer want. Members will order your books and all you do is mail them off. Once your book is received (or if you print your own postage...once it is printed) you earn a credit for your book. You can then use your credit to purchase any book you want through their site. So for the cost of postage you are able to get a different book! I have been doing this for four years and have only lost one book in the mail, which proves the members are all honest and that this site works!
My biggest tip is to start a wishlist on there and once those titles become available you get first dibs (depending on if you are first on the list or not). I have gotten several favorite books this way, one of the most recent being "Home Comforts" which sells for over $30! It is not only paperbacks at that site either, hardcovers and books on tape are also listed. And one of the best ways to get more credit is to pick up books at thrift stores or garage sales for 25 cents and post them for other members to order, or else just go through your overflowing bookshelves and declutter books you no longer want. Not only do you get books you have been wanting but it is also fun to open your mailbox on those days that the books arrive!
There is also Swap A CD which my husband loves and Swap A DVD which we haven't joined yet. If you do decide to sign up with Paperback Swap (and you won't be sorry you did!) please use my e-mail address as your referral babys_mama1 "at" yahoo .com Let me know what you think about that site if you do join!

Do you want to join the Frugal Friday blog carnival? Steal my button at the right of the screen and post it with your Frugal Friday post, or just link back to here. Then come back here and add your website to the Mclinky below so we can check out your frugal tip of the week!



1 comment:

  1. I also love http://www.paperbackswap.com/. It has been a great way for me to get books that I want. Half of the books I get are never as good as I think they will be and am really glad that I did not fork the money for a new edition. The ones that are better then what I expected, I keep. I get so many books anymore that I have a several piles on my nightstand with books just waiting for me to read them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails