*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Tuesday, October 28, 2014

S.O.S Challenge

I haven't done a good job taking photos of the items I have purged, but I have continued on with my challenge (rid the house of at least 5 items a day).

I have a reuseable bag that I keep in my closet and as I find items to sell I stick them in there. I have managed to fill it three times in the past two weeks to take to my aunt's consignment shop. 

I also dropped a box of toys off at the charity shop in town before they closed for the winter and another stuffed garbage bag of clothes to the clothes closet at the church (where they give out clothing for free to families in need). I didn't count each item but guesstimate that it is well over 100 items total. 100 things. Out. Of. The. House.

It feels good. As I mentioned before, we hope to buy a house with some land in the future and pairing down now will help us in the long run when we want to put the house on the market and when we get to the actual point of packing and moving. 

35 items a week. Donated, thrown away, or sold. It's really not a hard challenge, and I want to continue this trend until I've paired down to an organized, simplified house. Still a long way to go! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails