*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Thursday, July 17, 2014

Thursday Thoughts

We have a sick baby in our household. Little Amy has a summer cold and is whiny and crabby. Yet, she is so angelic when asleep!
I realize I need to take more photos of Becca! She's been off on her own much of this summer; reading, writing, rollerblading, playing with the dog, at her friends house that she often misses our photo opportunities. I must resolve that this week! It's strange having a tween in the house - moody, opinionated, and not always welcoming to her younger siblings!

I have a lovely to-read pile for reviews coming up. I'm reading an amazing devotional right now and a fun fiction read - I can't wait to tell you all about them!

Saturday marks 11 months since Jacob has been gone. It's an amazingly long time to be without my little boy. You know how after you have a child and you can't remember life without them? Sometimes I can't remember life with Jacob. It all seemed like a dream that was over too quickly. It's the worst feeling in the world...to be without your child. Seriously, this summer has been so hard. I may not write about it all often, as it seems too personal, and when I do the words may seem a bit detached. But I think about Jacob all the time, he is in my heart and soul at every single moment.

The weather has been gorgeous. It feels more like Fall than July. I think I will take the kids hiking today, if my foot stops hurting. I think I have a piece of glass stuck in my foot but can't see it or feel anything poking out...all I know is it is painful! Any tips on getting an invisible ouchy out of your foot?! 

I'm following Jennifer for Thursday Thoughts!

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes Duct tape works depending on how deep it is in your foot. Put it as tight as you can and pull, like waxing your hair. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time. For your foot you could try a big dollop of savlon and cover it with a big plaster (band aid???) and leave it overnight. This softens the skin and often works to draw splinters out so may help with this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like splinters their horrible! Your little girl is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry you're missing your little boy so. I cannot imagine your pain.
    Your baby is very angelic when she is sleeping! I am sure she is a comfort to you.
    Someone suggested using one of those patches for corns when you have glass in your foot. Center it on the hurt spot and you can walk without pushing on the glass. Then maybe it will work it's way out. That is extremely painful ask me how I know! Hope it feels better soon,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails