*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Friday, February 14, 2014

When Necessary...

In the past three years my relationship with God has grown by leaps and bounds.

Looking back at my early blog posts I realize that it was either my immaturity, or immature faith, but I was a self-righteous person. MY opinions were the right ones. No wonder the Christian faith often gets a bad rap. I cringe reading through some of my previous posts.

It's not that my opinions have changed that much, per se, but rather that I realize I don't need to preach my opinions to others. I am not to judge or dictate how others are to live. I heard a quote recently that went something like "If you met yourself, you probably wouldn't like the person." It gave me pause, but it is so true. I've known people before that I just couldn't get along with and the fact is that their bad traits were some of my bad traits and I didn't like them because of it.

I find now that the closer I am to God, the less I have to talk of Him. I hope that He shines from my actions and my life.  I hope that He uses me as His instrument to help, give hope to, encourage others. None of that involves preaching or judging.  
I'm not anywhere close to where I want to be yet, spiritually, but I'm learning and growing. And that's good enough for me. 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails