*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Tuesday, December 3, 2013

This Week & Book Winners

*The kids and I went thrift store hunting yesterday. It was a rainy, gloomy day and my husband had to work until 6pm so  figured it was a good day to get out of the house.

It was tough, as we went to a town that the last time we were there was Jacob's birthday. At one point, for no reason in particular, I felt the beginnings of a panic attack. 

Though I don't write much about my journey with grief at this point it is there, every single moment of the day. Which is maybe exactly why I don't write about it much. Sometimes, just for a moment, I want to feel normal. That's a thing I don't feel often these days.

*Back to the thrift store shopping. I was finally able to find Becca some jeans. We've been having a hard time as the regular jeans end up being too big and the slim end up being too small. She tried on several different pairs and we found four that fit her! One new with tags Pumpkin Patch jeans and a pair of Joe's jeans even...all for under $2.50 each.

I may not be able to afford a Dyson vacuum but Amy now has one waiting for her for her birthday. :) A little toy Dyson vacuum was just too cute to pass up for $3.88 and when I looked online about them to figure out the wheels on hers I saw that they are $30+ new and actually suck up some bits and pieces! Joe had fun playing with it yesterday and now it is in the closet for Amy's birthday.

I fell in love with a vintage clock. The robin egg blue second hand and the typeset of the numbers spoke to me. It works and found a place in the living room now. 
*The winners of the Shades of Mercy book were chosen by Random.org and were number 9, 2, and 6. If your comment is posted below please e-mail your address to me at babys_mama1 "at" yahoo.com and I will get the books sent out this week!

I would enjoy curling up with this book some snowy afternoon! I've not heard of it or the author and it would be a treat to try something new. --Dorothea

I love to read--everything and anything. But most of all, I check each day to read your latest post.
 
 
I would love a new book to read. Thank you for the chance!
Elizabeth
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails