*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Chug It

I started over again today. While my goal to lose weight was made 18 days ago, I didn't lose a single pound. There were days that I tried and then days that I didn't. Getting sick didn't help the matter.

Today I told myself that it was time to really stick to my guns and start getting myself slimmer. I went to the grocery store and picked up healthy meals and snacks (lots of fruit and vegetables!). For breakfast I had two bananas (I got up late and wasn't real hungry), for lunch I had a bowl of chili leftover from last night, for a snack I had an ice cream cone (I couldn't resist! And I don't feel you should deprive yourself of a yummy treat once in awhile). For supper we had homemade pizza and broccoli salad. I'm stuffed and feel as though I did pretty well.


Another thing I started today was drinking.


Water, that is. I'm not a huge water drinker, especially in the winter, so it's hard to force myself to drink throughout the day. I can easily (and joyfully) drink a mug or two of hot tea throughout the day but besides that I was lucky to get in a glass of milk and a few sips of water.


I dug this water bottle out of the cupboard. It holds 24 oz. so my goal is to drink two bottles a day (that, along with my cup of tea and glass of milk should meet my goal). I allowed myself to put one Crystal Light Pure lemon powder in my first bottle and that was easy to get down. The second bottle is pure water and since I'm keeping it handy I notice that it's easy to not forget to drink.


Whether it works for weight loss or not is something yet to be seen for me. But, I know getting enough water will improve my health, and that is the most important thing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails