*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Thursday, June 9, 2011

Jackpot!

Last week we hit another city wide garage sale. Typically, the sales in that town are not too fantastic but this time around we were able to find a lot. $90 worth, as a matter of fact.

Like I told a woman who asked me what she could help me find at a sale "I'm just looking for what I didn't know I needed." Don't get me wrong, my main focus at garage sales is quality brand name clothing for my children but what really excites me is the surprises that can be found at sales.
Like a basket of colorful fabrics which turns out to be Fuzzi Bunz diapers. Diapers that look brand new, diapers that probably are brand new. Anyone who uses cloth diapers know how expensive the Fuzzi Bunz diapers are. I debated with myself at first...I don't have a baby girl and my sweet Joe is not in size small any longer. When I asked the price and was told $2 a piece I knew I would kick myself later for not picking them up at that steal. I went even further and asked if they would take $30 for all 17 diapers...thus saving $4.
I knew that price was a steal, I just didn't realize how much of a steal it really was. I now see that packs of 18 Fuzzi Bunz sell for a little over $300 brand new. And now I have a stash to hold onto in case I turn up pregnant within the next year or so. If not, I'll make my money back and then some by selling these. You really never know what you'll run across at garage sales.

On a different note, Jacob's counts are up enough (the platelets just one point above the criteria!) to head in for chemo tomorrow morning. We will hopefully be getting home sometime Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails