*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Sunday, January 30, 2011

Suggestion Box

Dear Hospital Suggestion Box,

While I have the utmost respect for your hospital for treating my little boy, some of your practices are a bit annoying. Moving us from our room in the middle of the night to make room for a new patient? That tops the list. We were tired, comfortable, and already settled in our room. Why didn't you just put your new patient in the room that you moved us into last night? Now we stay in a double room, with a crib, and I pray that we do not get a roommate before we leave. As much as I love babies, I do not want to share a room with one. I've heard them crying all night through the thick doors of our room, I don't want one in our room.

I know that this is a teaching hospital. I get that. But having a new resident doctor come into our room every single day, introduce themselves, and never be seen again is annoying. I don't remember their names. They don't check out my child any better than the nurses do. As a matter of fact, they do the exact same thing that the nurses just did 15 minutes ago. Then leave never to be seen again. It's a bit odd, really. We could do without that.

Signed,

The Grouchy Mother Who Was Woken Up One Too Many Times Last Night

5 comments:

  1. Oh my !! That would surely be annoying and I would write all you said in all CAPITAL letters ! Praying all is going well and for no room mate to arrive before you head home. Blessings and hugs... KRisty

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really can't fathom dealing with things like that on top of all else you are battling :( i read frequently but seldom comment but i want you to know your family is being prayed for. i can't imagine what all of this feels like but know that many are thinking of you and silently supporting you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my, I hope you had a better day, and were able to get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you and Jacob and hoping for a good night of rest for you. They did the room switch when my dh was in the hospital. The other man's family made trailer trash look like royalty! Safe travels home.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember for weeks after my daughter was in the hospital I would wake up looking for a nurse and wonder why they were not there. Drove me batty to be woke up so many times

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails