*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Monday, January 10, 2011

Manic Monday

It was wonderful to have a rest over the weekend. Jacob got some much needed rest and some normal playtime with his brother and sister. I think it left us all a bit more refreshed and ready for this week.

Jacob had radiation today, which puts us a little over the half way mark! Just two treatments left to the lungs and 5 left of the abdomen. It's good to hear the number getting smaller and smaller. He has been a champ and the anti-nausea medication is still working to keep him feeling good after treatments, though today he has had some tummy pain. It could be something totally unrelated, which I hope will go away and not return.

Tomorrow Jacob will be having radiation and chemo. It is just one chemo drug tomorrow, which takes less than 5 minutes to administer, so we will be out-patient. Lots of blood work will be needed beforehand though, so it will still be a busy day. Ben is taking tomorrow off so that he can be home with the other two and so that my parents can get a much needed break from childcare. Please pray for safe travels tomorrow (it's a 1 hour 45 minute drive to the hospital) as we are expecting snow then.

My emotions are still like a roller coaster...I have my high moments and my low moments. Sometimes I don't even know what I'm feeling. I know that we will enter a new normal soon but right now my life seems to be in limbo at times...mourning the loss of what was and hesitant to enter the "new life" of cancer. Some moments I'm almost there and okay with it and others I bounce back to wishing it away. I'll get there someday.

4 comments:

  1. God bless you Elizabeth. This is a normal response to Cancer. That feeling numb and not knowing how you should or do feel. Having been there myself let me encourage you to just be OK with whatever you are feeling. It is a roller coaster ride and there are many days you just want to get off. On those days...lean on your faith like you never have before. God is an awesome God and He wants to hear your joys, fears and even anger. He and many prayers will get you to that New Normal...if there is such a thing. God bless you and keep you all !! Hugs from the ole Kansas Farmgirl...Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending love to your family, Elizabeth. No words of wisdom, but lots of hugs and good vibes.

    Carol in Dubuque

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Elizabeth, I found your blog through another blog.. I'm so sorry about your "trip to Holland". I'll follow your blog and will pray for your little boy and your family. Sending lots of hugs and wishing you all the best. Cancer does indeed suck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will take time to find a "new normal," and from seeing others go through this or similar journeys close up, I can say that the "normal" will likely not be while you're in the midst of the treatments and all of that. There is still so much unknown, no real "routine," and it's all so very new. Please let yourself feel whatever it is you're feeling in each moment, knowing that none of it is "wrong" and that you and your family are being lifted up in prayer constantly.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails