*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Friday, January 28, 2011

A Bedtime Story

Well, not really a story so much as a "quick note before bed".

I'm all decked out in my pajamas and waiting for Jacob to finish eating so that we can brush his teeth and give him final medications before going to bed. It may be awhile before he finishes his pretzels though. This boy has been eating like it's going out of style today. I'm not sure what caused it but I'm happy, hoping that he will gain a pound or two. So far today he has eaten 3 protein bars, several handfuls of pretzels, a handful of almonds, half a hamburger, 2 1/2 small bags of chips, half a grilled cheese sandwich, cantaloupe pieces, a cookie, twizzlers, yogurt, and I know I'm forgetting something. This is amazing compared to how little he has been eating lately. I hope this continues.

The three chemo medications are finished for tonight. So far so good. The next three days will involve just two of these medications. If all goes well we will be going home early Monday afternoon and won't have to return again until February 18th, which marks another 4 day stay (and the first scans after treatment). I'm glad that 4 hours into this treatment he seems to be doing well.

The Child Life activity this evening was game night in the playroom. It was just Jacob and one other girl, along with the two activity planners but Jacob had a blast playing Candyland with them and winning! He also loved the new to us game of Headbands. He liked it so much that once game night was over we continued to play, just the two of us.

Now I'm off to deck the uncomfortable couch with sheets, a blanket, and pillows and hopefully get some sleep soon. I'm very thankful that we have our own private room this time. Goodnight.

8 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear that he ate well tonight, I pray this continues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodnight Moon... Goodnight Beth..Goodnight, Jacob, jumping over the Moon! Aunt Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, he was a hungry boy! I'll bet you've never been so happy to feed one of your children! Sleep well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Dreams !! So happy to hear Jacob is eatting. Prayers continue...hugs... KRisty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the eating! I hope things continue to go well and Jacob responds well to the medicines!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Continuing to pray for you, Jacob, your family & a complete healing of his little body.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Night, sleep tight... I love both of you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to hear good news especially when it is the little things like eating and finding a favorite game. That is what makes life sweet.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails