- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1-2/3 cups water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Transfer to a greased 4-qt. slow cooker.
- In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spoon over cake batter; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out with moist crumbs. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Crockpot Lava Cake
I saw this recipe last week and had to try it as it looked so easy and delicious! Cake in the crockpot?! What could be better?
I really wish instead of snapping a photo I had taken a short video clip. This picture looks just "blah" but in reality that liquidy goo was bubbling and hissing and making all kinds of sounds (hence the name, Lava cake). Joe and Amy actually stood there watching it for some time before I did the serving.
The lighting was bad in our kitchen at 8pm and this really should have been served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, but look at that moist cake with runny sauce. Yummy!!