*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Saturday, August 15, 2015

Stories

"I don't like people." We've heard it said and we've probably uttered it ourselves at some point. I know I've said it, as well as really felt it, before.

Really it's not people but rather the way society is. Because now, especially since Jacob's illness, I've seen the heart of so many people. I've met the most wonderful friends, seen the bravest souls, looked into the wisest eyes.

I've been known to hesitate about sharing my feelings or thoughts in public (says the girl with the blog!). Sometimes you don't feel like the other person is a good one to bare your soul to. But I've learned that everyone has a story. We are who we are because of the life we have been dealt. And it's fascinating! 

I think the "Be kind to everyone for everyone is facing some sort of battle" really hit in when I stumbled upon the Humans of New York Facebook page years ago. Just looking at someone can't even begin to tell you who that person is or what their story may be. 

I see now why my Grandma loved opportunities to meet new people. Whether it was a seat mate on a bus or random shoppers at a garage sale...she was interested in their stories! 

It's true the more you get to know someone the less you may like them, but sometimes the more someone's story comes out the more you love them for it. 


. . .sometimes one feels freer speaking to a stranger than to people one knows. Why is that?"
“Probably because a stranger sees us the way we are, not as he wishes to think we are.”
Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind  



“Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing that some have entertained angels without knowing it.”
Holy Bible: King James Version

  “Every great love starts with a great story...”
Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails