*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Sunday, April 19, 2015

J

Today was such a beautiful day that we decided to head to a local park to enjoy a picnic lunch and some hiking.
We grabbed some leftover pizza from the fridge and filled a couple bottles of water and headed off. The sunshine and slight breeze carried us off on an adventure.
Though there is always one missing piece to our puzzle. The last time I was at this particular park was right after Jacob's funeral. So it's no doubt that he was on my mind as only three of my four children marched ahead. 
Suddenly I got the thought in my head, "Keep an eye on the rocks." It seemed silly to hike, looking directly down at my feet. But over and over again I got the feeling I should be looking for a special rock. Soon I mentioned it to my husband. Only a short while later he exclaims, "Look at this upside down 7!" While the number 7 was Jacob's favorite number, it's quite clear that it is really a J formed in the rock.
 

 2 Corinthians 1:3-4: "Blessed be God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble by the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails