*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Monday, December 29, 2014

A Homemade Christmas

This Holiday Season was difficult for me, more so than last year even. I just didn't want to do anything.

Which is one reason I decided to make gifts this year, instead of buy them. I worked on homemade gifts all of December and even opened an Etsy shop to sell some items. I had over 14 sales so I was happy. :) Anyhow, I didn't take as many photos of the gifts before giving them so will sneak over to my mom's house and snap some photos and write a whole post of my new venture very soon, including a link to my Etsy shop once I get it organized! (Hint: It's hand stamped and it's jewelry!)

I wasn't the only one that was a busy little elf this December. My sister Rachel made these awesome books...out of bricks!!! This picture doesn't do them justice as they really, really look like actual books! A spine, cover, and back cover (and pages on opposite side of spine!). She made a collection of the Pooh books for me, with my favorite quotes on back, and a huge Star Wars Trilogy book for Ben. So many options with these...outside in a garden, used for a doorstop, a pile on the porch, etc.  
My sister Emily used these small boards that she had gotten from my Grandma's scrap bin after she had passed away to paint a special Bible verse. Double special.
My brother made a lot of special homemade gifts, such as car emblems, drinking glasses, and t-shirts. Another brother gave out gift certificates to our favorite local restaurant. My mom got me the perfect mug with my favorite Bible verse. It was such a special, personalized Christmas. Not because of the gifts, but because of the gift of each person present. The love. The I totally get you and what you like awareness. LOVE.

And as Amy rocked on her new horse and the kids built their new toys, and as I drank coffee on the couch and took it all in I obviously felt the immense empty spot that Jacob leaves.  
 
But I also felt the stillness. The peace. The presence of God. Jacob is with Him and HE is with us...which comforts me greatly. So as we celebrated Christmas I thanked God for his greatest gift of all - the chance to all be together again someday. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Elizabeth, you have created such a warm, faith filled Christmas! Just gorgeous. And Jacob thinks so too. He is, after all, the angel in the room. God's Blessings to you and your whole family.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails