*Thrifty Living * Homeschooling * Natural Living * Creating * Baking * Learning * Exploring * Subscription Boxes * Childhood Cancer* Death of a Child*



Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015

A goal of mine in 2015 was to get back to regular blogging. I started a post and my computer ended up losing it half way through writing it. I intended to get back to it that evening but look here. It's the 6th of January and this is the first post of the year.

*sigh*

I think the issue is that bloggers tend to like to *show off* some of their life. The good days, the fun decorating, the yummy recipes, and so on. And as of late there just isn't much that you would want to see. My avoidance? Lack of enthusiasm? Lack of luster?

I'm not going to lie...this winter has been more tough than last winter without Jacob. The sparkle of life just isn't there right now for me. But you know what else? I know these peaks and valleys in the walk of grief are normal. So I'm hunkering down when I need to, ignoring the housework when I want to, taking things easier when I have to. 

We finally have had a week of real winter weather. I say finally because we had such a mild December (which was nice!) but it seems my soul was longing for the solitude of isolation once again. With piles of snow outside and arctic temperatures (windchill of possible 50 below zero tonight, anyone?) this week I've once again felt the peace of that white cocoon. I don't know what it is, but I think that when your world has stopped with that one person missing you like it when the world outside disappears a little. 

Back to my goal. I do hope to be more regular with my blogging, and not just with my reviews and such. I'm also getting a bit more organized. I sat down on New Year's Eve and got all my calendars out. Birthdays and appointments went into my wall calendars and those went up on the wall. 

I have my small planner to write my daily musings in. And this year I have a Day Planner (this lovely one that I received in a subscription box!) which is helping me get more done. It's quite helpful to sit down at the end of the day or the beginning of a new one and plan out what needs to get done and cross it off as it's done. A real sense of accomplishment!

I hope that you have a blessed New Year and that I see you back here often! :)  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails